For those of you who are dreading the next couple of weeks you are not alone! Finals week is the most stressful weeks for every student. With that said, here are some tips on how to prepare for those unwanted finals! These are the methods I use and find them to help a lot.
- 1. Prepare a suitable place for studying and organize your subjects from the easiest to the most difficult. Prepare ahead to study on subjects that are more difficult to understand since they will need more time to study.
- 2. Always try to sleep early and wake up early and try to sleep enough hours so that you can concentrate more. Try to verbalize what you've memorized and try to explain it whether to yourself or to others; because teaching is the highest level of understanding.
- 3. Look over the past tests from that class and study them. Usually finals (depending what kind they are) repeat questions of past material. Don't just memorize the answers, know them. This is just incase the wording gets mixed around and you have a better understanding of the question.
- 4. Use flash cards. Flash cards help with important key terms. They are a great method for those finals that have a bunch of vocabulary. They are a great method to memorizing key terms.
- 5. Type important points out. I find it really helpful to type out your own study guides with important points and study from the printed pages. Not only are you creating study guides but you are also typing important points out which helps imprint them in your brain!
Those are some tips on studying! Hope you find them helpful & GOOD LUCK!!!